Late on Wednesday night and I am still processing how our Open House for our student ministry went. We were simply blown away by the turnout. You can see in the picture the room is packed with teens and parents. We pushed back the start of our year so we could host an Open House for new middle and high school students in our church and community and combine that with a small group leader training. This is one idea that worked and here are a few reasons our team is so excited…
- We connected with families >> Our hope is to always partner with families and this provided an avenue for us to meet parents and teens in the same setting. Open House was a great way to connected with parents.
- We cast vision >> It was great to be able to explain who we are and where we are going!
- We promoted small group >> Open House gave us a chance to introduce our small group leaders to many new students!
- We helped 6th graders >> Yep, new 6th graders are nervous about another new environment. We got to help them adjust tonight.
- We worked to build momentum >> Every teen tonight left with a free t-shirt from our ministry and got a heads up on upcoming events. That helps to build momentum.