Spending a few days hanging out with a few thousand student pastors and next gen leaders here at the National Youth Worker Convention in Dallas. It has been several years since I have been to this conference but it has played a huge role in shaping me as a leader over the years. This weekend has to potential to refuel and inspire youth workers. With way too many conferences in my past here are some tips I have learned that help me get the most of the weekend…
- Plan each day / Stop for a few and decided what you really want to do each day of the conference. Make sure you get to the sessions you need the most!
- Let what is going on at home go / I know you probably left a mess back at home with the ministry you lead…let that go and breathe!
- Connect with people / Meet as many next gen leaders as possible this weekend and hear their stories! It’s amazing what God is doing around the country.
- Take notes / Write down what you learn. You are much more likely to remember important insights if you write them down on a notepad or your iPad.
- Listen for the voice of God / So many times if we will just listen God has something he wants to let us know. Use the next three days to hear what God is saying to you!
- Be OK with different ideas and strategies / You will not agree with everything you hear in your breakouts or from the main stage and that is JUST FINE. Relax, learn, and process!