Tonight is our last night of The MIX and REMIX of the school year and I am pretty much overwhelmed with gratefulness to God for how he worked this year. We change our summer schedule up so we can better serve families and teens in the summer with chaotic schedules so tonight is a time of closure and a time to launch into our summer ministry ahead. I’m just grateful and I thought I would just process a little of why I’m overwhelmed today here on the blog…
- I’m grateful for small group leaders who have invested in the lives of teens every week all year.
- I’m grateful so many teens became followers of Jesus this year.
- I’m grateful that we have been able to connect with so many teens at different schools.
- I’m grateful that we have been able to help so many parents work through challenges this year.
- I’m grateful we have a church that supports us financially and allows us to try to reach teens.
- I’m grateful to have been able to do ministry with my friend Brandon Reed this year.
- I’m grateful that God has refueled my passion and calling to serve teens.
- I’m grateful to have such an incredible summer ahead to invest in teens and lead them toward Jesus.
- I’m grateful that even now we are planning and dreaming about new ways to connect with teens in 2012…love our team embraces innovation and risk.
- I’m grateful that God has answered so many of our prayers and allowed us to serve so many schools!
I hope as you wrap your year of ministry you have the chance to step back and reflect also. Many of us who lead student ministry are good at charging ahead and do a poor job of slowing down to reflect and rejoice. I hope you will take some time to reflect this week…God is moving!