I really believe that there is no better way to sharpen your leadership skills like slowing down to read. Reading forces us to do something that we don’t do well in 2014 and that is be still long enough to pay attention to a singular voice. I spend most of my life multitasking and processing multiple voices from multiple sources. When I slow down to read I have to focus and learn from another leader. Reading in 2013 was a refuge for my soul. I needed it more than ever even though I had less time for it than ever. I had to be intentional about the time and I am so glad because these books help me navigate so much over the past year.
To kick off 2014 on the blog I wanted to simply share my 5 favorite reads of the past year. I hope you will check them out this year. Feel free to comment or message me on twitter and let me know your favorite reads of the past year! Here are my top 5…
- Steering Through Chaos by Scott Wilson
- Deep & Wide by Andy Stanley
- Ordering Your Private World by Gordon MacDonald
- Onward: How Starbucks Fought for It’s Life Without Losing It’s Soul by Howard Schultz
- David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants by Malcolm Gladwell